For the purposes of these Instructor Guidelines, we will refer to any person who takes a session from the Instructor as a “Client.”
- You must be at least 18 years of age and be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Where required by law, you must have valid and current certification(s)/license(s) for the types of sessions you teach.
- We recommend that you have current general and professional liability insurance.
- Make sure you have the legal right to play any and all music you use during your sessions, which almost always means getting a public performance license for that music. (There are exceptions; see the Help Center for more information on this topic.)
- You are expected to show up and be on time for all your sessions.
- If you need to reschedule a session, you are expected to give your Client as much advanced notice as possible.
- You agree to honor all scheduling arrangements agreed to by you and your Client.
- You agree to use the ZentasticFit messaging system to communicate with your Clients, particularly as it concerns booking, (re)scheduling, and cancelling sessions.
- You will accurately mark sessions in your ZentasticFit account in order to receive payment for those sessions.
- You agree to offer your sessions at the rate established at the time they were booked.
- You agree to keep accurate information about your scheduled availability, session types you offer, etc.
- You are encouraged to report any improper or illegal behavior (e.g., abuse, harassment, offensive comments, racist remarks, etc.), whether by a Client or a fellow Instructor, to the proper local authorities. ZentasticFit is not a designated reporter and has no legal obligation to report such behavior on your behalf, but we may take a disciplinary action against another Instructor and deactivate their public profile or delete their account if appropriate.
- You will observe all anti-harassment and non-discrimination laws in the performance of your services.
- You will not possess, use, sell, or be under the influence of alcohol or drugs while conducting sessions.
- By using the Platform, you are agreeing that you will never, under any circumstance, attempt to subvert the ZentasticFit payment system by attempting to seek or receive compensation directly from Clients outside the Platform. All Clients’ payments to Instructors listed on ZentasticFit must be conducted through the Platform.
- You agree to notify ZentasticFit if your Client misses more than three sessions in a row.
- You will not list personal contact information on your profile, such as last name, address, email addresses, and/or phone number; neither will you list unauthorized third-party materials including but not limited to links to personal websites.
- You are not entitled to any of the benefits that we may make available to our employees, such as but not limited to group health or life insurance, profit-sharing, or retirement benefits.
- You are not authorized to make any representation, contract, or commitment on our behalf unless specifically requested or authorized by an authorized officer of ZentasticFit in writing to do so.
- You are solely responsible for, and will file on a timely basis, all tax returns and payments required to be filed with, or made to, any federal, state, or local tax authority with respect to the performance of the services and receipt of compensation from us.
- No part of your compensation will be subject to withholding by us for the payment of any social security, federal, state, or any other employee payroll taxes. We will, however, provide you with monthly and yearly earnings summaries, and if you receive over $600 through the Platform within one calendar year, you will receive Form 1099-MISC.