33 Inspirational Yoga and Mindfulness Quotes (Ready for Social Media Sharing)
Whether you’re just beginning yoga and are in need of some wise advice as you start your journey, or an experienced yogi looking to be reminded of important ideas, or you’re just looking for a little mindfulness advice to help reduce your stress, these quotes will help inspire you to continue taking your practice to the next level. And if you want to work with a yoga instructor to further improve your practice, or a life or wellness coach to help you manage your stress, check out our online yoga teachers and life coaches at ZentasticFit.
Yoga might seem mystical, and in some ways it is, but that doesn’t mean that it has to be this perfect, spiritual practice. In many ways, yoga is simple—a matter of connecting mind, movement, and breath. These quotes will help remind you what yoga is really about.
1. “Calming the mind is yoga. Not just standing on the head.” – Swami Satchidananda
2. “Yoga is the dance of every cell with the music of every breath that creates inner serenity and harmony.” – Debasish Mridha
3. “Yoga is the journey of the self, through the self, to the self.” – The Bhagavad Gita
4. “Yoga is like music: the rhythm of the body, the melody of the mind and the harmony of the soul create the symphony of life.” – B.K.S. Iyengar
5. “Your body exists in the past and your mind exists in the future. In yoga, they come together in the present.” – B.K.S. Iyengar
6. “The attitude of gratitude is the highest yoga.” – Yogi Bhajan
7. “Cease being a prisoner of the body; using the secret key of Kriya, learn to escape into Spirit.” – Lahiri Mahasaya
8. “Yoga means addition—addition of energy, strength and beauty to body, mind and soul.” – Amit Ray
9. “I am standing on my own altar; The poses are my prayers.” – B.K.S. Iyengar
Because of how it moves the body and calms the mind, yoga is one of the best things you can do for your overall mental health and well-being. These quotes highlight some of the benefits of yoga for our bodies and minds.
10. “The body benefits from movement, and the mind benefits from stillness.” – Sakyong Mipham
11. “Yoga is the fountain of youth. You’re only as young as your spine is flexible.” – Bob Harper
12. “Yoga adds years to your life, and life to your years.” – Alan Finger
Mindfulness and Meditation Quotes
Mindfulness. Easier said than done. Our minds like to race, and our modern, busy lives pull us in many directions at once. Bt hopefully these quotes will remind you how easy it can be—and important it is—to slow down and be mindful.
13. “Yoga takes you into the present moment. The only place where life exists.” – Patañjali
14. “Change only happens in the present moment. The past is already done. The future is just energy and intention.” – Kino MacGregor
15. “Life’s too fast… Slow down and do yoga.” – Unknown
16. “Live quietly in the moment and see the beauty of all before you. The future will take care of itself.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
17. “The gift of learning to meditate is the greatest gift you can give yourself in this lifetime.” – Sogyal Rinpoche
18. “By the practice of meditation, you will find that you are carrying within your heart a portable paradise.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
19. “Solve all your problems through meditation.” – Lahiri Mahasaya
Yoga Motivation and Wisdom
When you devote time to tuning in to your body, breath, thoughts, and feelings, you’re going to become a wiser, more observant, and more understanding person. These motivating words from yoga sages will inspire you to elevate your practice and work towards progress and positive change.
20. “It’s not about being good at something, it’s about being good to yourself.” – Unknown
21. “Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are.” – Jason Crandell
22. “In truth yoga doesn’t take time – it gives time.” – Ganga White
23. “Yoga is a light, which once lit will never dim. The better your practice, the brighter your flame.” – B.K.S Iyengar
24. “Meditation brings wisdom; lack of meditation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back, and choose the path that leads to wisdom.” – Buddha
25. “We all wish for world peace, but world peace will never be achieved unless we first establish peace within our own minds.” – Geshe Kelsang Gyatso
26. “Mind is the creator of everything. You should therefore guide it to create only good. If you cling to a certain thought with dynamic will power, it finally assumes a tangible outward form. When you are able to employ your will always for constructive purposes, you become the controller of your destiny.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
27. “The season of failure is the best time for sowing the seeds of success.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
28. “Do not take life’s experiences too seriously. For in reality they are nothing but dream experiences. Play your part in life, but never forget that it is only a role.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
29. “The longest journey of any person is the journey inward.” – Dag Hammarskjöld
30. “First, free yourself from wrong thoughts and habits. Second, establish good habits and perform good deeds. If you keep on trying, you will improve. A saint is a sinner who never gave up. Never give up!” – Paramahansa Yogananda
31. “Everyday is a great day for yoga!”
Definitely! Some of the more athletic forms you won’t want to do every day, because your muscles will need a break, but, with how many different styles there are, yes, you could safely do yoga every day.
32. “The body is your temple. Keep it pure and clean for the soul to reside in.” – B.K.S. Iyengar
33. “Travel light, live light, spread the light, be the light.” – Yogi Bhajan
Hopefully you feel a little more motivated and encouraged to elevate your yoga practice after reading and reflecting on these quotes. Our fantastic coaches would love to help you continue in that process.